What Causes Shell32.dll Error?
You would normally see these messages in your screen when you have the Shell32 DLL file error in your system.
- "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."
- "IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in Shell32.DLL"
Aside from corrupted components, errors in the computer's registry can also cause problems for the file. When this happens, the system loses the ability to read, recognize and process the file. There are several ways to fix the problem. Follow the steps detailed below strictly to make that nothing goes wrong.
Why to Fix Shell32.dll Error?
When your Shell32.dll file is corrupted or infected, you will find your computer is very slow, programs are easy to freeze up; many programs are unable to operate as well as error messages will constantly show up at running a program or startup of computer. If you are experiencing those computer problems, you could read the following tips to fix Shell32.dll easily.
Shell32.dLL Error Fix Tutorial
1. Run the Regedit command to open the Registry Editor window.
2. Navigate to the following registry key.
3. To make a backup of this key, after selecting the Main subkey, open the File menu, and select the Export command.
4. Browse to the location where you want to export this key, ensure that the correct path is listed in the Selected to text box, provide a name for the export file in the File name box, and select the Save button.
5. After doing this, delete the Search Bar value from the Main key.
Another method for fixing Shell32.dll error is to clean the computer's registry. Any malicious component or corrupted settings in this part of the system can cause problems for other files, and applications. The registry is the heart of the computer and is very important for all its operations. Cleaning it means getting rid of threats and problematic components, thus to do so, a registry cleaner application should be used.
Read more on:
How to Speed Up Windows XP
Fix the RGSC.exe Error