What Causes The D3dx9_26.dll Errors On Your PC
In most cases, the D3dx9_26.dll file error is caused by Windows' failure to properly load or read the file, due its corruption or the fact that Windows can't find it. It is also possible for errors to surface in this file if you are using an older version of DirectX on your PC or if there are problems in your computer's registry.
This error would be typically shown in the following formats:
- "D3dx9_26 Not Found"
- "This application has failed to start because D3dx9_26.dll could not be found!"
- "The dynamic link library D3dx9_26.dll could not be found in the specified path [PATH]"
- "File D3dx9_26 not found"
- "The file D3dx9_26 is missing"
- "D3dx9_26.dll - Unable to Locate Component"
- "D3dx9_26.DLL is missing. Replace D3dx9_26 and try again."
How To Fix The D3dx9_26.dll Error On Windows
The best way to resolve the issues surrounding the d3dx_26.dll is to manually replace the dll file and register it onto your Windows system. Here’s how you can do this:
- Download d3dx_26.zip from here.
- Unzip the d3dx_26.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive.
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32.
- Locate the current d3dx_26.dll on your system.
- Rename the current d3dx_26.dll to d3dx_26BACKUP.dll.
- Copy & paste the new d3dx_26.dll into C:\Windows\System32.
- Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7).
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears.
- Type “regsvr32 d3dx_26.dll” on the black screen.
- Press Enter.
This process will provide a fresh and working copy of the dll file and should prevent the error message from showing.
If this method does not work, you can try fixing your registry, a highly volatile sector in your PC that is known to cause problems with.dll files. The registry causes problems like the error due to weaknesses in its design. Because it is used so often, the settings inside it easily get damaged or suffer corruption, and when that happens sometimes Windows won't be able to recognize the files properly. To repair error-causing issues in your registry, you need to use a registry cleaner. This kind of application is specifically designed to search and fix D3dx9_26.dll error in this vital database.
Similar article reading:
How to Fix D3dx9_26.dll Error in Windows XP/7/Vista/2003